Some quick tips to aid you in getting the results you hope for.
- Your Direct Mail should be a “Direct Mail Program” with a clear strategy, timeline, and goals. Not just an impromptu letter or card sent only occasionally; like right after you’ve had a closing.
- Make sure you use colors that get the reader’s attention.
- Focus your offer on benefits to the business owners; benefits of your brokerage services, how they will benefit from your experience and expertise, etc.
- It goes without saying; keep your mailing list updated. Undeliverable pieces decrease your response rate and increase your mailing costs.
- Include an offer that the business owner will find of value, a free business review, market analysis, etc.
- Entice the business owner to visit your website to learn more, download the complete article, get a list of tips for preparing their business for sale, etc. (Remember to have all the information about you, your company, and your business brokerage services clearly detailed on your website.)
- Try a series of follow up mail pieces to the same list over a condensed period of time, i.e. a monthly mailing for six consecutive months. Surveys show that the average person must be exposed six to eight times to a marketing promotion or advertisement before making a buying decision.